Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What's Another Source of Garbage?

Unfortunately, I've found another source of garbage in my project to completely eliminate my waste: ash from a charcoal grill. On top of the meat waste that I have nothing to do with, there isn't much that I can do with my charcoal ash. I found this article on using wood ash in compost, but I don't think the same would apply for the ash from a charcoal grill.

I guess this points back to the fact that people shouldn't eat much meat due to the fact that eating meat is environmentally less sustainable than other sources of food. However, convincing my wife that it's a good idea to cut back on our consumption of meat has been an exercise in futility. But if you're interested in leading a more eco-friendly life, check out this article on eating meat vs. environmental sustainability.

No comments:

Post a Comment