Thursday, July 16, 2009

Living Close to Where You Work and Your Environmental Impact

I live 3.1 miles from my job. This isn't something that happened by mistake; it's a small change that makes a big environmental impact. When I found my current job at Worldwide Sport Supply I actually lived 6.4 miles from work and one of the reasons that we choose our current house is that it was that much closer to my work.

By moving closer to where I work, I was able to cut 6.6 miles out of my daily commute. My car gets about 25 miles to the gallon so in the 3 years that I've been working for my current employer I've managed to save over 205 gallons of gas. Not only has that saved me a ton of cash (I've been working here through the increase and spike in gas prices) but it's also a good first step at reducing my carbon footprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment