Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Future for Sustainable Electricity Production: Solar

Of all the renewable power sources that scientists have found, there is only one that promises a virtually unending supply of power: the sun. I think the future of electricity production has to lie in solar and wind. While I completely believe that if we want to survive we'll need to develop sustainable energy sources, it's not something that's cheap or easy.

My wife and I have talked about it before and when we finally do have the opportunity to buy a house of our own, the first big investment we want to make is in solar roofing. Personally, I think that a distributed solar power grid is the way to go; but I read an article today about how scientists are also making inroads to developing solar power plants.

One thing that I love to see and wholly support is government incentives to move to renewable, sustainable power sources. So I did a little research and found a great site which lays out all of the state and federal energy incentives across the United States. Check it out and see what is available to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment