Saturday, July 25, 2009

Is It Better for the Environment to Fly or Drive?

I haven't blogged for the past week because I went on a vacation with my wife to Ocean City, MD. The city actually turned out to be a great place for recyclers to vacation (more on that later), but while driving there I began to wonder, does driving or flying on a trip leave a smaller carbon footprint?

According to an article on Salon.com, it's actually more environmentally friendly to drive to your vacation instead of flying. That makes me feel a bit better considering we clocked a total of 745 miles between the trip down, traveling around in Ocean City and the trip back. Not only is driving a move which helps the environment, but it also helps your wallet and it's something the whole family can get behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment