Sunday, July 26, 2009

Recyclers Vacation in Ocean City!

I said in my last blog post that I just got back from my vacation in Ocean City, MD. Now I want to show how Ocean City is trying to lessen it's impact on the environment. Everywhere I went, there were signs reminding people to clean up after themselves and to "leave only your footprints". On top of that there were recycling and garbage bins at every dune crossing and each sign at the entrance to the beach reminded people to recycle. The city also provides municipal recycling bins to each residence for glass, paper, cardboard and metal. Ocean City, MD seems to be a very progressive community when it comes to recycling and trying to keep their city clean. I would recommend to anybody interested in recycling to vacation there.

Ocean City, MD Beach Recycling Bin
Ocean City, MD Dune Crossing Sign
Municipal Recycling Bins in Ocean City, MD
Beach Sign in Ocean City, MD
Street-Side Recycling Bin in Ocean City, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment